A hot, steaming bowl of oats, a classic breakfast, can be a perfect solution to your morning hunger. If you are in a constant puzzle of what to have in your breakfast which is mouth watery as well as makes you feel light and energetic for the whole day then we have brought you the best oats in India. So choose oats as it can serve you the best.
There are several other breakfast options available but as breakfast which is considered to be the most important meal for the whole day so it should be something which is loaded with nutrients and boost you up for the entire day. And oats are believed to be healthiest grains to start your day which proves to be both nutritious and full filling. No matter which type of oats you are choosing, each one retains its wholesomeness, deliciousness and has its own health benefits. It’s beneficial for those who are looking for a weight loss diet or a diet with which they can handle their whole day’s stress as oats are easy to digest and provide you with these plus points as well.
To choose the best oats for yourself go through the below information which will help you to make a good choice while buying it. So many variants of oats are available that can confuse you. So have a look to best oats choice available in India. Sort out your preferred one according to your health quotient and watch your health and well-being going to the next level.
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING BEST OATS IN INDIA
If you want to focus on certain specific points according to your health point of view then these are some major things that you need to consider before buying oats so that you can get one of the best products available in the market.
People who suffer from celiac disease are considered gluten intolerant. Gluten triggers an immune response that destroys the lining of the small intestine which may give you the trouble of osteoporosis, infertility, nerve damage and seizures.
You should also check the packing for more details like the processing plant where it is processed as it is mentioned in the pack that this product is processed in a plant that may contain gluten traces.
• Artificial flavor:
To take 100% nutrients of your oats you should consider plain oats over masala oats which come in several flavors like pav bhaji, mint, lemon, tomato, Chinese, Italian, etc. They are loaded with artificial flavors and taste enhancers. Hence, it can satisfy you with its flavor but for complete health benefits, prefer plain oats.
In comparison to plain oats, masala oats are low in vitamins and minerals. So, plain oats are a better option than masala oats.
If you want to purchase plain unflavored oats you should go through its ingredients list. Whether it contains any ingredients other than whole grain oats or not and if it has anything more or less than that, then you should try to avoid that product for yourself.
• Weight management:
If you are one from those who eat oats for maintaining their weight or for fat loss then you should try to buy oats that don’t contain refined sugar in it as refined sugar holds water in the body which finally increases weight. If it has added brown sugar or cane syrup then you can account it on your consideration.
• Easy preparation:
Now-a-days people are always in a hurry and for that, you should have oats that consume your least time and it is easy to prepare. So you should consider plain oats over multigrain oats as multigrain oats require little more time than plain ones.
Alsi Check- Best Peanut Butter in India
BEST OATS IN INDIA REVIEW
Have you ever thought of reducing the risk of heart diseases for yourself? If yes, then the perfect solution lies in your breakfast. The Quaker oats plus multigrain offers you 92% fat-free with the advantage of multigrain like oats, good for your heart; wheat, source of energy; barley, rich in fiber; and ragi, source of calcium.
Try your oats topped with fresh or dried fruits, cinnamon or nuts and enjoy the quick and nutritious breakfast ready to have in just 3 minutes. Each serves of Quaker Oats (~45-gram oats) nourishes you with a protein equivalent to half cup cooked chana dal, fiber equivalent to 1¼ apples and energy equivalent to 2 rotis (phulkas). These oats serve you a rich source of protein and a good source of dietary fiber.
It is a calcium-rich product and contains beta-glucan soluble fiber that helps in reducing cholesterol. With distinct fiber advantage over other grains, it also provides protein and carbohydrates.
Have a kick start of your day with a nutritious breakfast diet that can keep you fit for the rest of the day with true elements called rolled oats! Enriched with highly soluble fiber named beta-glucan, these are very beneficial in reducing bad cholesterol. One of the specialties of these oats is that it is 100% gluten-free and thus can be a perfect choice for health freaks.
Now you can easily manage your weight with its bowl full of dietary fiber that doesn’t make you starving fast and hence helps you keeping away from junk food. The presence of magnesium in these oats keeps your heart healthy.
These oats take care of your skin health very well as they have natural antioxidants, Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins like vitamin B, keeping you young and protects you from skin inflammation. The antioxidants also help in fighting off the free radicals and safeguard you from immunity disorders.
These oats contain natural protein, which not only helps in providing extra energy for the day but also helps in strengthening the hair follicles and reduce their breakage thereby increasing the quantity and quality of your hair.
3. Quaker Oats
If you are always in a hurry in the morning and don’t have time to have something healthy then choose the Quaker oats, which comes at number three in our list of best oats in India which is a good natural source of carbohydrate, protein and dietary fiber and gets ready in just 3 minutes time with no extra preparation efforts. Enhance your energy level with Quaker oats and keep going actively the whole day. Have them regularly and garner the benefits of 100% wholegrain and experience this superb tasting oats porridge with this nutritional pack.
It contains beta-glucan fiber which is considered to be effective in reducing cholesterol levels. Along with reducing the risk of high blood pressure, it will also boost your weight loss efforts quickly. You can blend it into many recipes as per your taste bud as it will continue to maintain its nutrition value in those forms as well. To make it more delicious, you can either add sugar or honey to your oats or you can also do topping of your oats with your favorite fruits and nuts.
You can also try out delicious recipes with these oats and enjoy your own style of oatmeal. It is one of the most popular oats in India.
4. Saffola Oats
Saffola which manufactures one of the best oats and many other food products is a well-known brand in India. It is popularly known for its FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) products. It has a wide variety of products that can fulfill your daily requirements easily.
If you are looking for oats that are made from 100% natural wholegrain oats then Saffola oats are the correct choice for you which can give all the required nutrients and health benefits that oats can give to your body.
Oats helps to reduce cholesterol and manages weight too as it keeps your tummy full for a longer period. You don’t feel hungry often as it is high in fiber and protein which aids in resolving your hunger pangs issue. Saffola oats are easy to make as it gets ready in almost 3 minutes so you won’t have to worry about that huge cooking time for making a meal.
Nutriorg Company has owned organic farmland for their brand and makes products from organic ingredients without any harmful chemical use. This Nutriorg instant oat is 100% Gluten-free rolled oats. If you are thinking to lose some extra body weight and maintain your blood pressure level normal, then you should go with this product.
This oat is loaded with high protein and dietary fiber is made with high-quality natural ingredients and no artificial color or flavor used in it. Talking about its nutritional values, it contains 12.43g of protein, 390.91 Kcal of energy, 6.06g of total fat, 65.45g of Carbohydrate, 10.5g of dietary fiber and more in each 100g of oats.
This top-ranked superfood is easy to prepare. Just take 1 full cup of boiled milk or water and put 1/2 cup oats and stir it in medium flame for 5 minutes. For getting the better taste you can add jaggery, honey or sugar. You can also add dry fruits to make it extra nutritious.
Kellogg’s oats are a good option for those who are searching for 100% wholegrain oats. They are free from all adulteration like added preservatives, sugar, flavor, etc. as it provides you with just pure and healthy oats.
This Kellogg’s oats are high in soluble fiber and don’t contain sugar in it. This helps you to reduce cholesterol and manage weight thus let you get the full benefit of your oatmeal. These oats also contain iron, magnesium and zinc in it which boosts its health benefit.
This preservative-free oats are easy to prepare and can be consumed anytime throughout the day. It can be prepared with both milk and water as per your choice.
If you want to stay fit, fine and healthy for a long time in your life, then it is the perfect time to include oats in your diet. Disano Oats can be the best solution for you to try and we keep this on the seventh position in the list of best oats in India. This product is a natural source of many operative nutrients it is made from 100 % whole grain oats that have carbohydrates, protein and dietary fiber.
Now, talking about the health benefits of this product. This is a 100% vegetarian product. It helps you in controlling your cholesterol level, promotes heart health and supports you in weight loss activities to achieve your goal.
This oats product from Disano contains nutrients like 408Kcal of energy, 66.9g of Carbohydrates, 13.6g of protein, 9.6g of Fat, 6.4mg of Iron, 10.3g of dietary fiber and more in each 100g of oats.
There are multiple delicious recipes to make your oats taste better. It takes only 3 minutes to prepare a tasty meal with Disano oats.
Start your day with a steaming bowl of Bagrry’s oats rich with a healthy dose of carbohydrate, protein and dietary fiber. You can relish these oats by making different recipes out of them for a delightful snack and incorporate them into your daily diet. The best part is that you can consume them in several forms so try out to create your own oatmeal with this 100 % wholegrain along with your own ingredients for a healthy treat.
Being high in fiber content, they are good to take in the morning as breakfast to keep going for a long time. They can essentially help you in reducing bad cholesterol levels. Loaded with protein, a bowl of this perfect breakfast porridge can supply you energy for the whole day.
If you are looking forward to losing some put on weight then these oats can be your best choice as they will help in managing your weight. They also facilitate us with reducing the risk of high blood pressure and ensure us to have a healthy heart.
Eco Valley Hearty White Oats is sugar- free and trans fat-free oats that are high in dietary fiber and protein that helps in weight management and its good for your heart as eating oats lower the risk of heart disease.
This oats contains beta gluten in it which helps in the management of bad (LDL) cholesterol that keeps you fit and healthy. These oats are also preservative-free that ensures you to get only good quality oats free from all chemicals.
These oats require just a few minutes to get ready because it’s easy and quick to prepare. After use try to store your oats at a cool and dry place in an airtight container to keep it fresh for a longer period
Are you searching for a tasty snack that is healthy and rich in protein, energy and fiber? If yes, then you must try Saffola Masala Oats Veggie Twist. This 100% vegetarian product can be ready in just 3 minutes which is tasty yet healthy.
Saffola Masala Oats are made from 100% natural wholegrain oats along with choicest of masalas and delicious real vegetables. It is easy to prepare. For every cup, add 1½ cup of water, stir occasionally and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame or cook for 3 minutes in the microwave in full power. Add vegetables and garnish.
This masala oats product is high in fiber and contains zero cholesterol and zero trans-fat. It has necessary nutrients like 383Kcal of energy, 68.5g of Carbohydrates, 10.5g of protein, 7g of dietary fiber, 7g of fat and more.
- 1. 100% Natural Wholegrain Oats : Rolled oats in your choice of pack size Oats 1kg, Oats 2kg, Oats 1.5kg
- 2. Lasting Energy : Start the day with a bowlful of nutritious & tasty Quaker Oats. These 100% Natural Wholegrain Oats have complex carbohydrates that breaks down slowly to provide energy that lasts.
- 3. Helps reduce cholestrol : As part of a diet low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol, alongwith a healthy & active lifestyle, consumption of 2 bowls of Oats everyday giving 3g soluble fiber Beta glucan may help reduce cholesterol.
- 4. Rich in Fiber & Source of Protein :
- 5. Helps Maintain Weight: Make it a part of fitness and weight loss journey
- 6. Easy to Cook : Ready in just 3 minutes. Quaker Oats can be eaten sweet or savoury or add them as a wholesome ingredient in your favorite dishes, such as Idli or Poha or Masala Oats or whip some classic oatmeal cookies. Enjoy the wholesome benefits of this whole grain in any number of meals or snacks, any time of day.
- DELICIOUS CREAMY OATS: Get the joy of having breakfast that has Rolled Oats with super creamy texture. So creamy it melts in your mouth
- BREAKFAST CEREAL: These grains are so soft and blend so well into your daily breakfast such as Dosa and Upma that you won’t even notice the difference
- 100% NATURAL: Made from 100% natural wholegrain oats, Saffola Oats brings you a wholesome breakfast to help kickstart your day
- POWER OF 3: Say hello to a meal that’s packed with the power of Protein, Fiber & Iron. Stay fuller for longer & get the required nutrition that helps in muscle building and more
- LONG LASTING ENERGY: It contains the essential nutrients that ensures you get enough energy that lasts all day
- READY IN 3 MINUTES: Prepare & relish a delicious bowl of super creamy Saffola Oats with your favorite toppings (fruits, honey, syrup, etc.) in quick time
- Quaker oats is made from 100 % wholegrain oats, which is a natural source of carbohydrates, protein and dietary fibre
- A quick and convenient breakfast in just 3 minutes
- Top it up with your favourite fruits and nuts to make it more delicious
- Country of Origin: India
- Saffola Masala Oats is a tasty blend of authentic Indian spices which is a perfect answer to your chatpata evening cravings!
- Ready in just 3 minutes, Saffola Masala Oats is super easy to make and super tasty to eat!
- Classic Masala from Saffola Masala Oats is a chatpata concoction of assorted Indian spices and a crunchy mix of carrots, onions and french beans
- Made with wholegrain Oats & real vegetables, Saffola Masala Oats is high in fibre and protein keeping you fuller for longer, helping you control your hunger pangs and manage weight
- Enjoy Saffola Masala Oats in a variety of tasty recipes like Crispy Cutlets, Penne Pasta, or just as a delicious bowl of joy with crunchy topping like namkeen or peanuts
- Also try our other drool-worthy flavours - Peppy Tomato, Veggie Twist, Curry & Pepper, and Masala & Coriander
- Start your day by taking care of your health with the goodness of Kellogg’s Oats which are quick to prepare and consume
- Oats is a wonder grain that has more soluble fibre than some grains like Wheat and Rice. Kellogg’s Oats are 100% whole grain and are high in fibre and protein
- Whole grain oats provide energy to keep you going. Oats are low in sodium and foods low in sodium may help reduce the risk of high blood pressure
- Naturally cholesterol free and with no added preservatives. Organic : No
- Kellogg’s Oats can be made into many delicious recipes every day. These include porridge, tempting dosas, tasty idlis, delectable upmas and savoury pohas and many more, so you can make a smart start to a healthy lifestyle in a yummy way
- Contains beta glucan fibre
- Energy to keep you going
- 100 percent wholegrain and rich source of dietary fibre
- Take care of your heart's health, start your day the healthy way with goodness of oats
- Start off your day with a balanced, great-tasting breakfast that can put you on the fast track to good nutrition and better overall health
- Manna oats is made from 100 % wholegrain oats, which is a source of protein and dietary fibre
- A quick and convenient breakfast in just 3 minutes
- Steel cut rolled oats. No preservatives added. No added salt. No added sugar.
- Quaker oats is made from 100 percent wholegrain oats, which is a natural source of protein and dietary fibre
- A quick and convenient breakfast in just 3 minutes
- Country of Origin: India
- BREAKFAST FOOD: Being high in fibre content, rolled oats are good to be consumed in the morning as a breakfast to help you get started for the day.
- PROTEIN OATS: Being packed with abundant plant protein, our rolled oats are highly beneficial in contributing to muscle gain.
- OATS FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Rolled Oats consists of dietary fibres in high quantity, which makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time thus it helps in weight loss.
- PREGNANCY FOOD: Oats contain a considerable amount of fibre. This is a godsend for all pregnant women suffering from the usual bouts of constipation, as fibre helps in regulating the process of digestion and improves bowel movement.
- SKIN CARE: Being rich in antioxidants, there is no entry of harmful particles entering into your body, thus enhancing skin health.
- IMMUNITY BOOSTER: Power packed with antioxidants, rolled oats can help in fighting off the free radicals and save you from immunity disorders.
- PREMIUM ROLLED OATS: Rolled Oats from Sunny Australia. Single Origin, Non-GMO Oats
- HEALTHY HEART: Rich in Beta Glucan Fibre that may help reduce cholesterol with Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- 2x PROTEIN: What's more? It's certified gluten-free and vegan. It has Natural Rolled Oats.
- READY IN 3 MINS: Add your favorite fruits, nuts and seeds to make a delicious oatmeal cereal. Add a spoonful of Yogabar Peanut Butter for a protein packed breakfast.
- NO PRESERVATIVES: No gluten. No processed sugar, free from preservatives. No chemicals. Just good, clean food.
Last update on 2022-06-10 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of oats
The oats come in so many variants from rolled oats to steel-cut oats to instant oats and many more so you might get confused to decide which one provides you with maximum health benefits. They are mainly classified into 5 types which are as follows:
• Oat groats:
These are also referred to as whole grain oats and are the least processed oats among the other different types of oats. They are simply in the form of toasted and hulled oats. Though they do take a little longer time to cook than cut or rolled oats, the exceptional hearty flavor and chewy nature of the resulting hot cooked oats make your effort worthy.
• Steel-cut oats:
These oats are also known as Irish oats. They are prepared by taking oat groats and cutting them into 2 to 3 smaller pieces using a steel blade. Toasting steel-cut oats give them a delicious nutty flavor and tend to be chewier retaining much of its shape even after cooking. While cooking they do require longer soaking and cooking time and are sometimes good to use in an overnight oats recipe.
• Stone Ground Oats:
Stone-ground oats are also known as Scottish oats. They are similar to steel-cut oats but they are grounded on stone mills into smaller pieces similar to the size of a poppy seed. Stone Ground Oats have a creamy and thick texture when cooked. They are wonderful for baking as they are more coarsely ground floor.
• Rolled oats:
These are also called as ‘old fashioned’ oats. They are processed by flattening and steaming oat groats rather than cutting them as in the case of steel-cut oats. These process rolled oats absorb water much more easily and therefore they can be cooked faster than the steel cut oats and oat groats. They also hold their shape relatively well but have a creamy texture which is much smoother than steel-cut oats.
• Instant oats:
Instant oats are processed more than rolled oats and steel-cut oats. These oats are precooked, dried and then rolled and pressed thinner than rolled oats thus it can be cooked easily and instantly. As it is very thin so it has a creamy and less chewy texture. It just requires to be rehydrated and they are ready to eat. The more whole grain you eat the slower it will digest and helps your stomach stay fuller for a long time but as it is very thin so it doesn’t keep you full like steel-cut oats or rolled oats.
Benefits of oats
1. Protects from cardiovascular disease:
The presence of antioxidants in oats protects you from heart disease and the dietary fibers assist in lowering the bad cholesterol(LDL) without affecting the good cholesterol(HDL). Thus they can help in reducing your cholesterol level and keep your heart healthy.
2. Balances blood sugar levels:
The oats helps in reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes, as oats are rich in fiber and carbohydrate which decelerates the conversion of this whole food to simple sugar. Beta-Glucan helps in delaying the fall in blood sugar levels before meals and slowing the rise after a meal.
3. Very full filling and may help you lose weight:
Can oatmeal help you in losing weight? Well, the answer is yes, you can. The presence of Beta-glucan in oats decreases your appetite by increasing the hunger-fighting hormone cholecystokinin. Thus, it helps by reducing your cravings and helping you shed a few pounds.
4. Relieves constipation:
The soluble and insoluble fiber content of oats helps in keeping bowel movements properly. Thus, adding oats in your daily diet can help you get rid of the issues of constipation.
5. Enhances immune response to disease:
Oatmeal’s fiber known as beta-glucan helps neutrophils quickly moves to the site of the infection and strengthens their ability to fight against the infection-causing bacteria.
6. Reduces the risk of cancer:
A study says that people who intake oats in their daily routine have reduced chances of hormone-related cancers like breast, prostate and ovarian cancers. Thus, eating oats is beneficial for both men and women.
7. Helps with skincare:
Finally grounded oats as “colloidal oatmeals”, which is a skin protection substance, can be easily found in many skin care products. It is beneficial in the treatment of itch and irritation in many skin conditions. These skin products may provide relief from uncomfortable symptoms of eczema.
8. Reduces high blood pressure:
If you are suffering from high blood pressure than a daily dose of oats will help you to fight against this problem and thus helps in reducing the risk of hypertension. The presence of a high level of antioxidants named avenanthramides in oats benefits by increasing the production of nitric acid which further lowers blood pressure and by improving blood flow.
9. Decreases the risk of asthma:
Asthma is the most common chronic disease among the kids. It is believed that the early introduction of solid food may increase the risk of developing asthma and other allergic diseases but it doesn’t apply to all food. In fact, an early introduction of oats may provide protection to them.
How to cook Oats?
Normally, on the backside of the package, it is mentioned that how that particular oat has to be cooked. You can also add ingredients according to your own choice and make your yummy style of oats. Different types of oats may require different cooking times which may vary from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. So do remember which type of oats you are cooking.
One of the basic methods of cooking oats is as follows:
- Pour 1.5 cups of milk or water in a container and let it boil.
- Add one half of a cup of oats into the boiled milk or water.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir it occasionally.
- Let it simmer 10 to 20 minutes if it is a steel-cut crust or rolled oats.
- Let it simmer for 50 to 60 minutes if it is oat groats.
- If you want you can add optional ingredients such as spices or sweeteners as per your choice.
- Remove from the heat cover and wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
Instant oats cooks very quickly and may contain added sugar and preservatives.
How To Make Your Oats Yummier:
You can also make your oats more mouth watery by adding some toppings in it. Let’s have a look at some of the toppings which will enhance the taste of your oats:
- Fresh Fruit: Strawberries, Bananas, Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Almond Butter, Peanut Butter
- Dried Fruits: Apricots, Cranberries, Raisins, Coconut, Cherries
- Sweet Things: Chocolate Chips, Caramel, Berry Jam, Brown Sugar, Real Maple Syrup, Honey, Agave Nectar
- Spices: Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Nutmeg, Vanilla
- Enrich with Cream: Milk, Almond Milk, Cream
Why choose oats over normal food?
When you need a hunger saver food with high nutrition in less time, oats can be your first choice. If you are a working person and sleep till late, oats will be your breakfast partner. It is full of complex carbohydrates, protein and dietary fiber and supports extra weight loss. You can also use if you are going for gym.
Can I eat instant masala oats daily?
If your oats do not contain any flavor enhancers then you can eat it on a daily basis. Many people use oats as a daily food alternative. Have you ever used flavor enhancers in your home-cooked food? If not then you stop buying flavor enhancers Oats.
Did anyone lose weight by eating oats?
Weight loss depends on many factors out of which, one is having a good diet. It may help in weight loss by taking oats with proper exercise. Always try to eat healthy food and maintain healthy habits to avoid extra fat.
Is rolled oats is different from steel-cut oats?
Oats are of 3 types: rolled, steel-cut oats and ground. Rolled oats are made from traditional method that is lightly processed whole-grain food. They are steamed before rolling. Steel-cut oats have been sliced into smaller pieces to reduce the cooking time and ground oats are white oats.
Can diabetic or celiac disease patients eat Oats?
Sugar-free Oats is a great food alternative for diabetic patients. Oats control blood sugar levels. For type-2 diabetics patients whose blood sugar content is high, oats meal are capable to control blood sugar level.
For celiac disease patients, they can have a gluten-free diet. Some companies make gluten-free oats.
What are the ways to eat oats?
Don’t practice eating dry oats straight out of the packet. You can cook oats with milk or water and add honey, jaggery or sugar to taste better. You can also soak it overnight in water, milk, yogurt(curd), or applesauce. Search for oats recipes online and try some untried way to prepare oats.
So there are many options and flavors of oats available with which you can enjoy an easy to digest, highly nutritious and protein-rich breakfast. We have shortlisted the benefits of oats, different types of oats and the best oats in India for you to choose the best for yourself and have a perfect breakfast full of health benefits by adding this amazing diets in your daily routine and enjoy its benefits. Do share your experience and your cooking recipes of oats with us as well. If you have any questions related to oats then feel free to comment us in the below comment section. We will be happy to help you out.