Want to check the temperature of your babies while they are sleeping or the temperature of your barbeque whether they are ready or not, infrared thermometers can serve your any such purpose very effectively. These thermometers are very keen on measuring the temperature of an object or a person from a certain distance without even touching them. They play a very significant role in determining the temperature at places where other thermometer fails to measure like hot spots in electrical devices, mechanical equipment, building systems, moving objects, etc. These infrared thermometer are getting popularity in India because of its varieties of uses.
The market is flooded with these infrared thermometers and there are high chances that you buy their imitations instead of the original product. They will be more like toys and will not do their task properly or are not long-lasting. This further increases the risk of your health. And such types of risks should never be seen with negligence. Thus, it becomes quite necessary to look at its brand quality along with its features so that you don’t spend on some irrelevant things. Here we have listed best infrared thermometer in India which you can go through to choose the right one for your use. Also, look at the things you should consider before purchasing it.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING BEST INFRARED THERMOMETER IN INDIA
- Temperature Range
Which object temperature you need to know? Accordingly, you should check the temperature range of the product. Many use Infrared Thermometer to check babies body temperature but some may use to check temperature of products in their warehouse. And you must check, in which unit temperature is displaying. It may display Celsius or Fahrenheit unit of temperature.
Getting inaccurate reading have not any sense of using thermometer. you should use your own technique to measure its accuracy like you should check your room temperature at a specific time daily for one week. If you get almost the same result daily means your device is working well and can now use it on other objects.
- Energy Efficient
Almost all of the Infrared thermometer works on AAA battery. You must select the one which consumes less power and give more number of readings. Many products have mute and unmute sound functionality. You may mute that beep sound to increase the battery life.
- Color-Coded result
This functionality is used for measuring body temperature whenever a body temperature raise device will display different colors to indicate medium fever or high fever. Based on the product color code may vary.
- Measurement Unit
Kelvin is the standard unit of temperature, but Celsius and Fahrenheit are also used to measure temperature. Try to select infrared thermometer with a measurement unit of Fahrenheit because it the most used one in India.
BEST INFRARED THERMOMETER IN INDIA REVIEW
1. Dr Trust (USA) Forehead Digital Infrared Thermometer
Within 3 seconds and Dr Trust (USA) Forehead Digital Infrared Thermometer is ready with the immediate and accurate temperature of your baby or your room. You can scan the temporal artery of the baby’s forehead from a distance of two inches very easily without even disturbing them and thus you can escape from the fuss. Thus it is a no-contact thermometer.
With just one push of the button, the thermometer is ready to operate and it shuts off automatically when not in use. Not only it assists you in measuring the human body temperature, but also it will facilitate you in measuring the temperature of different surfaces and objects like hot food, water baths, baby food, the oil used in frying, etc. from a distance of two inches without the interference from the surrounding. You just need to switch between its two modes i.e. object mode and person mode.
This thermometer proves to be ideal for the whole family and you can measure the temperature without actually contacting the measuring body. You can switch the result at your convenient unit as it is capable to measure in both °F and °C. Its memory can store the data of its past 32 usages.
This thermometer is very potent in alerting you if the fever is high as the backlight of the screen changes to red from green. The green light indicates normal body temperature. It comes with a warranty of 1 year and works on two AAA batteries.
- Capable to measure both object as well as human body mode
- Result comes within 3 seconds.
- Auto-shut feature available
- Warranty of 1 year
- Memory stores data of past 32 usages
- Indicates when the fever is high
- Shows results in both °F and °C
- Easy to use
- Us FDA and Ce approved.
- Can be used for kids.
- Some customers have reviewed that the readings are not that accurate sometimes.
2. HealthSense Accu-Scan TH 600 Forehead & Ear Digital Infrared Thermometer
HealthSense is an India based company manufacture Health-related product like infrared thermometer, Body massager, weighing machine, etc. It’s ergonomic designed Accu-Scan TH 600 Forehead & Ear Digital Infrared Thermometer is for babies. Its 3rd generation latest Infrared Technology smart chips are for optimized calibration.
Its highly accurate sensors are capable to give a reading in just 1 sec. Including ear & forehead, you can also measure the temperature of any given object, liquid or room. It is suitable for all ages and comes with color and sound indicators. For normal temperature Green color should be indicated with one long beep sound, For moderate temperature, you will get yellow light with 3 short beep and red color should be indicated with 5 short beep in case of high fever.
It recalls 35 previous readings and has two temperature modes Fahrenheit and Celcius. You can also mute or unmute the sound as per requirement.
- Good product for babies
- Accurate sensors
- Instant 1-sec reading
- Measure temperature of any object
- Sound and Light Indicators
- Stores 35 reading
- °C/°F Conversion
- Mute/Unmute Mode
- Some customer complaints about its accuracy
3. Omron MC 720 Non Contact Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer
Omron is a well-known brand in India and has a wide range of health care equipment started from Blood pressure monitors now this brand has a wide variety of products like infrared thermometer. Omron is also known for its user-friendly and affordable products they provide to their consumers.
This Omron Non-Contact Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer comes with 3 in 1 measurement first Forehead temperature which measures the temperature of the body by sensing its infrared emission, second is room temperature measurement which always shows on the display even you turned off the device and the third is surface temperature measurement by which you can measure the surface temperature of any object like baby milk.
This ergonomic design thermometer comes with a backlight screen for easy reading and comes with silent mode to reduce noise. Its non-contact feature makes it a good choice as it will not transmit any infection or virus from one patient or person to another patient or person. It’s 1-sec quick measurement that measures in Celcius or Fahrenheit according to your choice you have to just switch between them. These features make it more convenient and user friendly to use.
- 3 in 1 measurement
- Backlight screen
- Ergonomic design thermometer
- Comes with silent mode
- 1 Sec quick measurement
- Can measure in both Celcius and Fahrenheit
- Non-contact Thermometer
- Some user faced issue in switching between Fahrenheit to Celcius.
4. MCP Medical Infrared Forehead Thermometer
This no-contact thermometer has the characteristic of being one of the best infrared thermometer in India as it has an ergonomic design which ensures a good hand grip experience and assures your convenience while measuring the temperature. It provides protection from cross-infection and is safe and healthy because of its no contact feature. This product has been built with high quality, environmental protection pp material which lets you use the product is safe and assured.
It can detect temperature from a distance of 1 to 15 cm (within 5 cm) is considered to be the best and can be used for object or human body or indoor temperature detection. Its key feature is that it measures the temperature of the body disregarding the room temperature.
Engineered with a German sensor, you can get the readings almost instantaneously or in 1 second with the help of infrared radiations that are safe, efficient and completely reliable. It is fitted with a 3-color changing clear, backlit LED digital screen to help the user determine if the body is normal, has a high temperature, or is just medium. Green color signifies a normal temperature, yellow color signifies a mild fever and red color signifies the presence of a very high fever.
Forget about saving energy with this high performing tool as it automatically switches off if left idle for about 7 seconds. Its capability is to store up to 20 readings in its memory. It works on 2, 1.5V AAA batteries. It can read the temperature in both °F / °C and measures a body temperature between 2.0-43°C / 90-109.4°F and ambient temperature between 0-60°C / 32-140°F with an accuracy of (+/-)0.2°C
- Provides good hand grip
- Built with high-quality pp material
- Auto shuts off if it is not in use for about 7 seconds
- Can store up to 20 readings in its memory
- Fitted with backlit display
- Reads temperature almost instantaneously
- Two temperature modes: °F / °C
- Provides an accuracy of (+/-)0.2°C
- Battery life can be better
5. Equinox Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
What if I say you can now measure the temperature of any surface, body, liquid, object within a few secs? Equinox introduced Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer EQ-IF-02. You have to keep this device 3-5 CM from your body or any object and you will easily measure temperature of that thing.
This non-contact infrared thermometer is lightweight and has a large button design with a backlight LCD display that displays color-coded results. If the temperature is lesser than 99°F it shows green color backlight, yellow color display is temperature is in between 99°F and 100.2°F, if temperature increases from 100.2°F it will show red color backlight.
The device is equipped with Fever alarm and 32 previous results have been stored in the device. Auto power off functionality when not in use and you will get 18-month warranty on this product.
- Auto Save 32 Result
- Fever Alarm
- Quick Result Time
- LCD Display
- Measures in Both °C and °F
- Take more time in giving reading
6. Dr. Odin Multi Function Non-Contact Forehead Infrared Thermometer
Dr. Odin Forehead Infrared Thermometer is a clinically tested and proven infrared thermometer that gives reliable and accurate temperature reading. This multifunction thermometer comes with 3 color LCD display which changes its color according to the temperature white color for low temperature, green for normal temperature and red for the high temperature.
This infrared thermometer gives you a quick measurement that can be easily switched between Celcius and Fahrenheit you just have press a button to do it. The thermometer measures the temperature in just 1 sec and gives you the reading in a blink of an eye.
You can turn on/off the sound of thermometer according to your choice and the battery will last up to 20000 reading means you can measure temperature almost 20000 times from a single battery. This Non-contact infrared thermometer is BPA and latex-free which makes this safer and convenient to use.
- Clinically tested and proven
- Comes with 3 colour LCD display
- Quick measurement in just 1 sec
- Turn on/off sound button
- Good battery backup
- Contact-free device
- BPA and latex-free
- Can only measure from 0.5 to 2.0 inches max
7. Dr Trust (USA) Clinical Digital I-Check Forehead Ear Infrared Temperature Thermometers
The ergonomically designed Dr Trust (USA) Clinical Digital I-Check Forehead Ear Infrared Temperature Thermometers can be used for babies and adults. It comes with a soft touch of the forehead and ear canal. This product has the capacity to provide clinically accurate readings at its every use and generates rapid temperature reading in just one second. It has advanced smart sensors chip and ear probe to provide accurate results.
Embedded with fever indicator and smart color code system, the thermometer lights red with five beeps if the temperature exceeds 100.58℉/38.1℃, it lights green with one beep when the temperature is below 97.6°F /36.5°C and it lights orange with three beeps when the temperature is between 99.68°F to 100.4°F /37.6°C to 38.0°C. You can also set it to the silent mode which allows you to take instant scans of infants and children without a beeping noise that may disturb their sleep.
The last 35 temperature measurements are available in the memory for future reference to track the changes in temperature. It is very easy to use and travel-friendly and suitable to provide readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius in large size digits on the LCD. It features two temperature measurement modes: body mode and object mode. You can measure body temperature by swiping the forehead from left to right keeping contact with the forehead and for the infants above 3 months, the temperature can be measured by aiming at the eardrum for a quick result. For measuring the temperature of the object like baby food or other surfaces, just place it at a distance of 1-5 cm from the object. Powered with 2 AAA batteries, it is suitable for all age people.
- Equipped with smart color code for signifying different temperature range
- Comes with a silent and fever alarm.
- Stores last 35 records
- Displays results in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Easy to use and carry
- Two temperature measurement modes: body mode and object mode
- Measures temperature in just one second.
- Sometimes readings may not be that accurate.
8. Cloc Non Contact Certified with RoHS Compliment
The Cloc Non Contact Certified with RoHS Compliment Infrared Thermometer holds eighth position in our list of best infrared thermometer in India as it is easy to use and convenient to take Body temperature. It works by inhaling the infrared heat emitted by the body. You will get the fast results in 0.5 seconds by keeping the device at a distance from 5-15cm from the body with a display accuracy of 0.1°C. This no-touch assists in reducing the risk of spreading the germs. It measures body temperature between 32°C to 42.9°C.
You can measure the temperature of the body, material, liquid or of any other object. Additionally, you need DC 9V battery as a power source.Its Large-screen LCD display gets automatically off after 90 sec of use. The LCD digital display and clear reading enhance safety and convenience while using it.
- Large-screen LCD display.
- Easy-to-use and power-saving.
- Fast temperature measurement.
- Display accuracy of 0.1°C.
- Gets automatically off after 90 sec of use
- No color-coded result
- Customers have reviewed sometimes readings may not be that accurate and thus is non-reliable.
9. Hesley Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer
Hesley Medical Forehead and Ear Digital Infrared Thermometer present it as one of the most advanced infrared thermometer available in the market of India. Its equipped with many features to gives an accurate reading.
This 2 AAA battery powred infrared thermometer that gives you reading for more than 3000 times comes with Advanced Smart Chip and Probe that allows this product to give its top-notch performance by its infrared sensor that gives an accurate, reliable and precise reading in just 1 second.
This 3 light temperature alert illuminate green light when reding comes below 97.6’F/36.5’C that indicates normal temperature, when its illuminate yellow light when reading comes between 99.68℉~100.4℉ that indicates high temperature and it illuminates red light when reading comes above 100.58℉/38.1℃ that indicates very high temperature.
This infrared thermometer is equipped with three modes that are head mode, ear mode and object mode. Head mode reading is suitable for all ages, ear mode reading is suitable for babies of 6 months and older as it gives a more accurate reading and object mode determines the temperature of an object like baby’s milk bottle, bathwater, etc.
You can change the reading from Celcius to Fahrenheit or vice versa by using a toggle switch which is inside the battery cover. This infrared thermometer can recall up to 35 readings. It can also be used in silent mode that makes it convenient to use in night
- Gives reading for more than 3000 times
- Equipped with Advanced Smart Chip and Probe
- Comes with 3 light temperature alert
- Comes with 3 different measurement modes
- Recall up to 35 readings
- Comes with Celcius to Fahrenheit conversion
- Suitable for baby use
- Equipped with silent mode
- The conversion toggle switch is placed under the battery cover
10. Vandelay Infrared Thermometer now MADE in INDIA- with 3 years Sensor Warranty
Vandelay Infrared Thermometer is the last product in the list of best infrared thermometer in India. It is easy to use and multifunction thermometer which is suitable for the user of all ages whether it is infant, child, adult, or elder, and comes with easy switchable between Celcius and Fahrenheit.
This infrared thermometer can be used as forehead temperature measurement thermometer when the temperature is over, audible alert will trigger. This infrared thermometer gives the precise reading if it is used from 3 – 5 inches maximum with 32 sets of memory recording that stores the last 32 readings for future use.
The backlit LCD screen provided in this device makes it easy to use. This thermometer has an auto on/off function that makes the battery of this device last longer. You will require 2 AAA batteries. It comes with 3 years of sensor warranty. It can be used as a HVAC thermometer, cooking thermometer and numerous different purposes.
- Suitable for the user of all ages.
- Switchable between Celcius and Fahrenheit.
- Can be used to stores the last 32 readings for future use.
- Equipped with backlit LCD screen.
- Has auto on/off function.
- Low battery indicator.
- Complaints of inconsistent measurement.
Tips for measuring accurate results
- It is important to go through the instruction manual properly before using the thermometer. Different models have different safety precautions and usage guidelines and they should be followed for accurate measurement of temperature.
- Before using the thermometer and make sure that the infrared sensor is clean and if it is dirty then wipe it with a lint-free cloth.
- Don’t touch the infrared sensor as this may cause fingerprints on the sensor and results in inaccurate readings.
- Always keep your forehead dry and clean before using the thermometer as if your forehead is dirty or wet then it may affect the reading.
- Make sure that the thermometer and the patient have to be at the same ambient temperature for at least 10 minutes before measuring the temperature to ensure the correct results.
- After coming from outside wait for 30 minutes before measuring the temperature. In this time duration, your body temperature will retain the temperature the same as the indoor temperature.
- Always hold a perpendicular position of the thermometer to the target surface or item while measuring the temperature.
- Ensure that the device is not pointing to the shining surface. For more accurate results add an electrical insulating tape on the shining surface.
How to use an infrared thermometer
- Go through the instruction manual properly before operating the thermometer and then follow the instructions.
- Switch on the infrared thermometer.
- Hold the thermometer perpendicular to the surface object that requires measuring.
- Push the button or pull on the trigger, whatever is present on the device, and immediately locate the headings visible on the LED display.
Benefits of using Infrared thermometer
- Speedy measurements: These thermometers are capable to provide temperature within a few seconds and hence give quick results.
- Easy to use: It is very compact, lightweight and very convenient to use. With just one gentle push to a button, they can measure the temperature.
- Maintains hygiene: Most of these thermometers measure temperature from a distance, so they ensure prevention from cross-infection. Ear and rectal thermometer have a cover over there probe so it maintains them clean.
- No extra light required: Most of these thermometers have illuminated LED display thus they can be used to measure temperature even when there is not sufficient light in the room and you can still read the temperature.
- Usable for both babies and adults: These thermometer measure temperatures from a distance so you can measure very easily the temperature of babies without disturbing them.
- Useful for both human body and objects: These thermometers can be used to measure the temperature of the human body as well as objects such as hotspots of electrical devices mechanical devices, baby food, bathwater, etc.
- Gives accurate results: Accurate temperature of the human body as well as to object can be obtained accurately using these infrared thermometers.
- Compatible to measure in both °F and °C: Most of these thermometers are equipped with two temperature modes. They can measure in both °F and °C.
Does infrared thermometer gives precise reading?
Yes, it gives accurate and precise reading you just have to measure from the correct range mentioned in the user manual.
Does auto on/off is an essential feature in infrared thermometer?
No, it is not an essential feature in a digital infrared thermometer but it saves some battery.
Does infrared thermometer low battery indicator is important?
Yes, it is important as it alerts you when the battery is about to die.
What is the importance of mute mode in an infrared thermometer?
Mute mode is important in infrared thermometer as it silently takes the reading while your child or the patient is asleep without making them awake.
Thus we have concluded that having an infrared thermometer at home is of great use. Their use will not end up in measuring the fever of the human body, but there is a wide extension in its usage which we will get by using an infrared thermometer. We hope that we have provided all information that why do we need an infrared thermometer at home and what all features we should be looking in our thermometer while buying it. We have listed down the best infrared thermometer in India so you can now decide the best one for your home. If you still have any doubts or concerns, regarding the infrared thermometer, then feel free to comment in the below comment section. We will reach you out very soon.