Helmet has the capability to multiply happiness of riding for miles individually or with your loved ones, as it makes you feel more protected and comfortable while riding. So it is mandatory to have a good quality helmet if you are planning to ride a bike in India. Many fascinating options for a helmet are available that you may buy something which is not that safe or it may only prove stylish in look. So you should prefer to buy one of the best helmet.
Your life is very precious, so don’t go for a cheap helmet to protect your precious life. There are people who avoid wearing helmet in order to look more stylish but it is very important for them to understand that their life is more important than being looking more stylish. Nowadays, company has also introduced so many helmets which ensures both safety and good looks.
While using a motorcycle helmet you need to find out which type of helmet you are comfortable with. The market is full with option like full face, modular off, road half, open face, or dual sport helmet type so you need to decide which helmet fulfills your requirement.
If you have bored of your old helmet or your old helmet doesn’t go with your new stylish bike then also you can plan to buy a new helmet. Here we have made a list of top 10 best helmet in India which you can refer to decide and buy a new helmet. We have also provided the things which you should consider in order to decide which helmet best suits your requirements and fits you well.
BEST HELMET IN INDIA LIST
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING BEST HELMET
- Outer shell
You must check this basic feature in any helmet to keep yourself away from head injury during mishap and accident. You must check the material used in its outer shell. Usually, polycarbonate Kevlar molded plastic carbon fiber and many other hard materials are used to built them in order to protect your head.
- Inside material
Basic consideration which you must check before buying any helmet should be that inside material should be of foam and a cloth material should be used as a layer outside it. Padding layers may also be removable so that you can clean the helmet to avoid air problems. Some company also provide an interchangeable padded layer.
You can call visor as a face shield. It is made up of hard plastic transparent material so that riders can ride safely on the road. Visors come in many color variations and some are useful only in the daytime. You must check the material used in visor and it should provide UV protection or not.
- Absorbing liner
Absorbing liner is a foam-based material which decrease the jerk during fall down. It absorbs the shock and distributes it in the whole part of the helmet. You can select either a single-layer absorbing liner or dual-layer absorbing liner. It may reduce the damage of head and brain.
- Cheek pads
For additional safety over your head and face cheek, pads proves to be useful. It also helps to fit the helmet easily. These cheek pads are easily removable and washable.
Also Check- Best Office Chair in India
BEST HELMET IN INDIA REVIEW
Steelbird top leading Hemet manufacturer in India. The company offers a wide range of helmets. Its SBA-2 TANK is a full-face helmet that has a dynamic look and comes in two sizes that are medium (600 MM) and large (580 MM). The company offers diverse color shades and its matt smooth finishing adds more points to its style. So this helmet takes first place in the list of best helmet in India.
This 1.4 kg helmet is ISI certified and known for its quality & operation making it one of the best helmet in India. It is designed with high-quality ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) to make the helmet protective headgear. It also has features that link immense tensile strength, heat resistance, scratch resistance, and shock absorbance. Its hard material prevents penetration of sharp material and the impact of the hit.
This helmet comes with two visors, silver visor and free night vision visor. You can choose anyone. Both visor are anti-fog and anti-smoke. So you will get clear view even in a misty and foggy weather condition. With its air booster system on the top, you can get easy breathing. Air vents are manually opened and closed. It has chin guard, an air intake in the front and top area to make you feel comfortable.
Studds is one of the largest-selling two-wheeler helmet brands in India by volume. Studds Marshall SUS_MOFH_BLKL comes with a compact design and well-designed interiors. The helmet weighs 1.48 KGs, comes in two sizes that are large (58 cm) and Extra large (60 cm) & two colors (Black and Grey) specially designed for youth.
This ISI approved helmet has an outer shell injected from special high impact grade of engineering thermoplastic. Its Dynamic Ventilation system increases the airflow delivering extra comfort to the rider. Its optically true injected polycarbonate visor has silicon hard coating that makes it scratch resistance.
With Regulated density EPS concussion padding, you will feel real comfort and it has specially treated with anti-allergic velveteen for the convenience of the rider. For the ease of rider’s safety, it is equipped with a quick-release chinstrap mechanism. EPS Padding is used internally and Polyurethane with Thermoplastic is used from outside.
Royal Enfield already made its impression on the motorcycle industry. Here is its Matt Black Open Face Helmet which is a combination of knit and mesh. It has a Classic open-face design that suits every Enfield rider. This product comes in one large size of 58 cm and the other XL size of 60 cm with 1.51 KGs weight. On the front lobe R badging is present which gives a powerful and classy look to the helmet.
It is ISI certified to enhance the security and protection of the rider. Its visor coated with polycarbonate to make it scratch resistant and treated with UV to protect rider’s face from harmful sun rays and give clear vision. It also includes expanded polystyrene inner lining to add protection and security. You can use it on lengthy rides and its polyester internals help you in doing that.
Vega is a well-known brand in India which is popularly known for delivering good quality helmet to their consumer. Vega Verve is a helmet that is specially designed for women and it comes with ponytail space which makes it a perfect choice for women.
This helmet comes with ISI approval that makes it a reliable product and the ABS material is used in making its outer shell which strengthens the helmet. The helmet has a superior design and it’s also lightweight that makes it more comfortable to wear and carry too. it has a silent chin strap lock which ensures that the helmet doesn’t fall off at the time of the accident.
Studds is a brand that has a huge range of affordable and stylish helmets and bike accessories. Studds ninja elite is a unique product that comes with a moveable chin guard with a flip-up mechanism that eases the movement of the visor. The visor is made up of polycarbonate and hard coated with duly silicon which makes it scratch resistance.
It comes with a ventilation system. The outer shell is made of special high impact grade of engineering thermoplastic which makes it a durable product. Anti-allergic velveteen treated padding makes it more comfortable helmet.
Steelbird Hi-Tech India Ltd. founded on 13th March 1964 has brought us with a variety of high-quality helmets since then. They manufacture products like helmets, pannier boxes, spare parts. Each variety offers us with different features.
Steelbird SBA-1 Classic Black with Plain Visor, 600 mm is a full-face helmet with visor. This product has ISI certification. It is made of high impact ABS material. It also provides us with a quick-release visor mechanism kit.
You will experience extra comfort padding with a neck protector. It is a well-equipped air booster system which provides ventilation in the helmet’s upper part. It also has bacteria- static coating and anti-allergy coating. You don’t have to worry about your hair growth as there will be no impact on your hair growth due to anti-bacteria coating in helmet interior.
It also has a ventilation system with an air intake in the chin guard, an air intake in the frontal and top area, and two rear extractors that recycle air inside your helmet.
Vega Edge is one of the best quality helmets which comes with ISI certification and made up of ABS quality shell that ensures its durability. This helmet comes with mouth and top ventilation system which makes it a good choice for those who need good ventilation in their helmet. The mouth ventilation is placed at the chin guard with a moveable open and close flap and the top ventilation is placed at the top of the helmet with open and close flap too.
The chin strap of the helmet comes with a quick-release mechanism which makes it easy to use. This helmet weight around 1.44 kg that is good enough.
Vega has a wide range of helmets that comes in many types. This vega cliff is a full-face helmet that has an elegant and simple design that suits all. This ISI approved helmet comes with an Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Shell which is lightweight and strong that makes the overall helmet a durable and lightweight product that can easily survive any impact as it is impact resistance and toughened for extra durability.
This helmet comes with mouth ventilation that is good enough for a normal consumer to make you breath better when you are riding.
This Steelbird helmet comes with a compact design and well-designed high-quality features. It has only one size & color, its reflecting sticker comes in 6 different colors to choose from. Its outer shell is made-up of high-impact ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) which has good shock absorbance and can easily resist the impact of a crash. It also has Regulated density EPS, i.e. thermal capacity for extra safety of the rider.
It comes with flexible and dynamic ventilating system which makes the internal area cooler for easy breathing. Helmet also has front and back ventilation ports to avoid suffocation and regulate fresh air. The interiors are designed with air-mesh fabric to keep the interior cold and make it highly heat resistant. The polycarbonate coating makes its visor Scratch proof and also equipped with an anti-fog and smoke resistance system. It has a neck protector for extra comfort and extra-paddings for inner liners.
Its Quick release chinstrap mechanism and High-quality UV resistant polyurethane paints works for your safety. In case of accident its Outer shell which is made up of high impact grade of engineering thermoplastic saves you.
Vega is a popular brand in India for providing its best quality helmets and other two-wheelers accessories. Vega Crux helmet is one of the most successful product launched in India. This helmet is made up of ABS material shell that can survive a hard impact at a time of the unfortunate accident. The helmet weighs around 1100 gms which comes in 4 sizes that mean it is suitable for all consumer.
Its aerodynamic design with leather finish touch makes this helmet more stylish and good looking. The visor of this helmet is moveable with its chin guard and is scratch resistance because it is made up of optical polycarbonate so it won’t have to worry about the scratches. This helmet has a good ventilation system we get three ventilation one at the back to the helmet, one at the top with moveable open and close flap and third at the front of the mouth on chin guard to ensure sweat free riding.
- High Impact ABS Material Shell; ISI Certified with IS no.: IS 4151:2015 and CM/L no.: 8300128208
- Metallic Quick release silent buckle
- Scratch resistant & UV resistant. Visor in optical polycarbonate, easy Visor mechanism; Weighs upto 700±50gms
- Unit Count: 1.0; Department Name: Unisex Adult; Compatible With Vehicle Type: All Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehicles; Item Weight: 800.0; Sport Type: Cricket; Material Type: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (Abs); Item Shape: Intermediate Oval; Shell Type: Hard; Included Components: Helmet, Manual
- Item Weight: 0.95; Finish Type: Matte
- High Impact ABS Material Shell with texture finish;ISI Certified with IS no.: IS 4151:2015 and CM/L no.: 2572055
- Metallic Quick release silent buckle;Removable and washable lining with optional pads of various thickness for a more custom fit
- Scratch resistant & UV resistant. Visor in optical polycarbonate, quick release visor mechanism, facilitates smooth and easy visor changes;Weighs upto 1000±50gms
- Item Weight: 1100.0; Finish Type: Textured; Unit Count: 1.0; Department Name: Boys; Closure Type: Double Ring; Item Shape: Round Oval, Intermediate Oval; Warranty Description: Replacement Against Manufacturing Fault; Material Type: Plastic;
- Compatible With Vehicle Type: All Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehiclesall Two Wheeler Vehicles; Included Components: Helmet, Manual
- ISI Certified Graphics Helmet. High Impact Resistant Thermoplastic shell
- Breathable Padding with Neck Protector and Extra Comfort for long Drives. Italian Design Hygienic Interior with Multi pore for better Ventilation During Hot Weather.
- Regulated density EPS concussion padding lined with specially treated anti allergic velveteen; Country of Origin: India
- Sport Type: Motorcycling
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene outer shell;Scratch resistant helmet and visor. Comes with easy fitting visors; Snug fit and compact design, Lightweight;All helmets feel tight at first to meet safety requirements and foam takes time to adjust according to head size.
- Sport Type: Motorcycling; Item Weight: 2.6014545217247904
- High Impact ABS Material Shell with texture finish;ISI Certified with IS no.: IS 4151:2015 and CM/L no.: 2572055
- Metallic Quick release silent buckle;Moveable chin guard operated with single liver flip up mechanism, removable and washable lining, chin guard opening system designed to prevent accidental opening
- Scratch resistant & UV resistant. Visor in optical polycarbonate;Weighs upto 1110±50gms
- Item Weight: 1100.0; Included Components: Helmet, Manual; Item Shape: Round Oval, Intermediate Oval; Warranty Description: Replacement Against Manufacturing Fault; Department Name: Mens; Compatible With Vehicle Type: Off-Road Bike; Finish Type: Textured;
- Material Type: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (Abs); Unit Count: 1.0
- Closure Type: Buckle; Shell Type: Eps / Abs Material; Compatible With Vehicle Type: Two Wheeler; Material Type: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (Abs); Item Shape: Round Oval, Intermediate Oval
- High Impact ABS Material Shell;ISI and DOT Certified with IS no.: IS 4151:2015 and CM/L no.: 1650145
- Metallic Quick release silent buckle;It is also odor resistant helping the helmet stay fresher, longer in between cleaning
- Scratch resistant & UV resistant. Visor in optical polycarbonate, easy Visor mechanism.;Weighs upto 900±50gms
- Item Shape: Round Oval, Intermediate Oval; Item Weight: 1.2; Compatible With Vehicle Type: Street Bike; Material Type: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (Abs); Included Components: Helmet, Manual;
- Finish Type: Matte; Department Name: Men, Women , Youth; Unit Count: 1.0
- Item Shape: Round Oval, Intermediate Oval; Compatible With Vehicle Type: Two Wheeler; Closure Type: Buckle; Shell Type: Eps / Abs Material
- Full-face ISI Certified helmet, comes with Regulated density EPS; High-impact outer shell for superior protection and safety; Quick-release chin-strap makes it easy to wear and take off the helmet
- Material Type: Expanded Polystyrene (Eps); Sport Type: Motorcycling
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find which motorcycle helmet best fits your head?
It is very significant that the helmet which you are buying fits well into your head. A very tight helmet will not make you feel comfortable and you will feel like throwing it away and on the other hand a very loose helmet will not serve its purpose of providing you safety completely. While going to purchase a helmet, you first need to take the complete measurement around your head just above your eyebrows. This will facilitate you in providing a rough idea while deciding which helmet will be best for you.
Before buying, wear a helmet and check if only two figures are able to get insert between the strap of the helmet and the bottom of the chin.
Try putting on the helmet for few minutes and rotate your head. Your helmet should also move along with your head, and it should not move without moving your head. Look down towards your chest wearing a helmet and then try to push the back of the helmet forward if you can push it up a lot, then you should try helmet of other sizes this one does not fits you well.
How to keep a helmet safe for a longer duration?
- Always clean the helmet with a soft cloth after its use. Avoid using regular soaps for cleaning it.
- Keep them safe and in dry places and avoid dropping them though your helmet has met all standards.
- Don’t go for helmet whose strap is damaged or form is torned and go for touch-ups of your helmet if your helmet requires.
- Always buy a certified helmet.
- Say no to poor quality helmets.
- Always try the helmet for a few minutes and check whether it is comfortable and best fits your head.
- Replace your helmet if it doesn’t meet all safety guidelines of a helmet.
- Don’t put stickers over your helmet as it may damage your helmet.
- Don’t place your helmet in or near excessive heat, gasoline or cleaning fluids as it may downgrade the material of your helmet.
- Clean your helmet properly and then dry it completely in sunlight.
Cleaning procedure of a helmet.
- Use mild shampoo or soap, clean microfiber cloth, cotton swabs and a bucket filled with warm water to clean the helmet.
- Remove all the removable parts off like wiser pads, liners (if removable) from the helmet.
- Mix mild shampoo or soap with warm water and clean the outer shell of the helmet. Clean the liners also in the same way.
- Don’t use a scrub or any hard material as it may put scratches over the helmet. Use your fingers for a cloth to wipe the dust dirt or stains.
- If the liner is attached to the helmet and cannot be removed then soak the helmet in warm water with mild shampoo mixed in it for a few minutes. Rub the fingers on the shell and liner after out taking it from the water.
- Wipe the helmet with another microfiber cloth or cotton towel remove all the water and moisture and dry it in sunlight. Avoid hot sunlight for drying.
- Wash all the parts which are separated from the helmet and dry them. Attach all the parts after drying them completely.
Statistics show that most of the deaths caused by road accidents in India are due to head injury. To avoid this mishap, wearing a helmet is made compulsory otherwise if you are caught without wearing it then you will be charged fine. So people avoid wearing a helmet when they are not under the surveillance of police they don’t have the fear of being caught. But they should understand that wearing a helmet is for their own safety and not for others.
Below are some of the benefits of wearing a helmet:
- Wearing a helmet safeguards you from fatal injuries.
- Helmet protects your head and brain from getting injured during accidents.
- It protects your eye, ear, and head from dust debris, insects, and flies as it doesn’t allow entering them inside the helmet.
- It also protects from distracting sounds and noise if it fits your head very well.
- A high-quality wiser also provides improved visibility when you are riding a bike in foggy and smokey weather.
Types of helmet:
Different riders have different requirements, so there are six types of helmet:
• Full Face Helmet:
This helmet gives most coverage around your head and neck thus is considered as the safest among the helmet types. It is manufactured keeping in mind to safeguard head, chin and ears, and complete face. Study shows during an accident, the chin may suffer fifty percent of severe impacts, so this helmet provides protection for your chin and jaw. There are full-face helmets which also have ventilation to evaporate sweat, reduce visor fogging and keep the rider while riding. These are popular among the bike racers.
• Open Face Helmet:
Open face helmets are capable of covering and protecting top, back and sides of your head including ear and excluding chin and jawline. They are also referred to as 3/4 helmets. People who sweat a lot prefer this type of helmet. This helmet lacks a chin bar, which thus reduces the safety of the motorcycle helmet, unlike full-face helmet, as it leaves your face exposed.
This helmet may weight less than the full-face helmet as it does not have chin bar. They do not protect against weather conditions and road debris. These helmets do not have chin bars so they don’t have a fogging problem caused during full-face helmets.
• Half helmet:
These helmets provide minimal protection to your head, face, ears as they don’t have a chin bar and visor. Due to the absence of visors, these types of helmet eliminates flogging problem but provides less protection than a full face or 3/4 helmet. As they don’t have visors so your eyes need riding glasses or goggles for protection. Cycle riders usually prefer these types of helmets.
• Modular/Flip- Up Helmet:
These helmets are called flip-up helmets because you can flip there visor and chin bar. These helmets are mainly a mix of a 3/4 helmet and a full-face helmet. They have the capability to protect head, ears, face, chin and jawline. They provide more safety than an open face helmet or half helmet but provide less safety than a full-face helmet.
Some may also have the feature of dual visor system and anti-logging coating on the primary visor. They may weight slightly more than a full-face helmet as they have extra hinge features incorporated into the flip of front area but it has protection to the chin.
• Off-road Helmet:
As the name suggests these elements are designed to ride on dirt roads. They are not designed for highway or city use. They have with angular chin bars. These don’t have eye protection so a rider should have a glass or goggles while riding the bike in order to provide protection from debris intrusion from the bottom and sides while riding.
Off-road Helmet is best to use in summer and warm climatic conditions and are weightless as compared to other helmets.
• Dual Sport helmet:
These helmets are mainly designed for those riders who ride on highways as well as off roads as they are the blend of both full-face helmet and off-road helmet. The elements are also referred as crossover helmet.
They have the capability of providing complete protection like a full-face helmet. These offer larger ventilation for easy airflow and are well resistant to noise.
This helmet has a stylish exterior like off-road helmets with a large visor and lower chin bar along with more interior padding and confirms it like a full-face helmet.
Is necessary to wear a helmet while riding?
Yes, it is necessary because at first, your security should be your first priority and a helmet does the same for you. It protects you at the time of any unfortunate accident from any head injury as the head is most important and sensitive part of you body. And secondly it also protects from those huge fines which are charged if you caught riding a bike without a helmet.
Does a certification of the helmet really matter?
Yes, the certification of the helmet is very important point to be considered before purchasing a helmet as it ensures that it is a good and reliable product because it undergoes many tests before getting approved for certification that confirms it actually save you at the time of an accident.
Can we purchase any helmet which has a certification?
Yes, you can purchase any helmet of your size and choice which has a certification but we will recommend you to purchase helmets of a reliable and trustworthy brand because some unknown brands just paste a sticker of certification and that helmets won’t protect you at the time of the accident.
Do we need to buy a helmet of proper size?
Yes, before purchasing a helmet you should consider the size of a helmet. If you purchase a helmet of big size it will fall off at the time of the accident and if you purchase a helmet of a lower size it will make you uncomfortable while riding. So buy a helmet of your particular size so that it will protect you from any unfortunate accident.
Is it good to change the plain visor from colored?
No, if you change the plain visor to any other colored visor like a rainbow, mercury, smoke, metallic, etc colored visor you feel good at daytime but at night you would suffer as it minimizes the light and you won’t able to see from the visor clearly. The same would happen at the time of cloudy weather. At last, you have to open your visor to drive.
We have covered the top 10 best helmets in India to get you closer to decide which helmet is right for you and you can ride safely on the road, the track or the mound. Always look for the certification, the material, size visor, while choosing a helmet. We want you to choose smartly and ride safely. Don’t go for the second-hand helmet and be sure to try the helmet before you purchase it to make sure that it best fits your head and can accommodate any extra eye protection if you are wearing. We have tried to give all the information regarding the best helmet but still if you have any query then feel free to comment in the below comment section.