It is quite hectic to go to the parlor now and then to get amazing, glowing, and refreshing skin. It might appear simple initially but it is not that ideal as much it looks and gradually it becomes a few months that you have visited parlor last. Thanks to the face mask, that now you can have glowing, soft skin at your home. Getting a face mask that best suits your face can do marvel to your face. But a blend of a particular set of ingredients proves to be miraculous for some people while it is not the same case for you. Thus we have researched and found different types of best face mask which are easily available in India.
It is one of the worst things to use a product that is not right for your skin type. The market is full of new products daily as so many companies launch so many products claiming to provide a brighter and a more glowing face mask. So if you are getting confused then you can have a look to our listed best face mask in India which may help in deciding you to get the best for your skin. But to understand what your face skin requires, it is first important to understand your face skin type is and then supply it with necessary ingredients to get a refreshing and young-looking skin.
Things to consider while choosing a face mask:
1. Skin type
Different skin type (oily, dry, combination, normal, sensitive, mature) requires different ingredients to feel healthier. So it is important to realize which skin type deserves which ingredient before buying a face mask in order to get the best solutions for any skin issues. Follow the below analysis to know your skin type in a better way and what type of ingredients should be present in your face mask:
- Oily skin type: If you look shiny due to overactive sebaceous glands generating more oil than normal skin then you have oily skin. This type of skin is more prone to spots and blackheads. Clay-based face mask are the ones which may best suit for this skin type as they have the property of absorbing excess oil from the skin and remove impurities and unclog pores.
- Combination skin type: As its name suggests, it is a combination of both oily and dry skin. This skin type has an oily T-zone that is forehead, nose and chin while cheeks and rest of the face will be less oily. Clay-based face mask helps by soaking up excess oil from the skin and extracts impurities. Face mask containing aloe vera will help in giving soothing and calming effect to the skin.
- Dry skin type: Dry skin makes you feel tight and dull skin along with dry skin texture. It may make rough and flaky. This skin type requires extra moisture and gentle care as it often suffers from cracking, peeling, irritation, redness dry patches, and itchiness. So a face mask which has hydrating, soothing, and calming properties is most suitable for this skin type. Face mask containing essential oils to stimulate blood flow, energize, and refresh is also suitable.
- Sensitive skin type: For sensitive skin type it is important to go for a face mask with gentle and soothing ingredients that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. For this skin type, it is best to use a face mask not more than once a week.
- Normal skin type: Face mask can help in refreshing, balancing and adding a little hydration to the normal type of skin. Look for the ingredients like rose juice, wheat protein, and green tea to tone and cleanse without the use of parabens, silicones and mineral oil in your face mask.
- Mature skin type: With the growing age, you have visible fine lines, wrinkles, sagginess and enlarged pores on your face. It is mainly due to less elasticity and collagen in your skin. The face mask that is most suitable for mature skin types is those that firms, tones and plumps skin to give a youthful look. These masks should also hydrate, smooth and restore the skin.
2. The active ingredient of a face mask:
Active ingredients of a face mask are those components that address the skin concern which the face mask targets. Below is the list of ingredients which you should look into your face mask according to skin type:
- Signs of aging: Ingredients include zinc oxide, ceramides, titanium dioxide, lactic, acid, collagen, avobenzone, oxybenzone, vitamins A, C, and E.
- Dryness: Ingredients include hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, jojoba oil, aloe vera, glycolic acid.
- Pigmentation: Ingredients include kojic acid, AHAs, BHA, peptides, hydroquinone, vitamin C.
- Acne: Ingredients include retinol, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, sulphur.
- Psoriasis: Ingredients include tea tree oil, vitamin A/retinoids, vitamin D, salicylic acid, urea, lactic acid, anthralin, zinc, tacrolimus, pimecrolimus.
- Eczema: Ingredients include steroids, niacinamide, tacrolimus, hyaluronic acid, pimecrolimus
3. Which type of face mask you are going to buy: leave on, peel off, overnight, or sheer?
In India there are so many shapes and forms of face mask available like leave-on (10-15 minutes), peel off overnight, or one-time use sheet mask. These face masks are further subdivided into subcategories each serving their purposes. You need to know which type of face mask gives what benefits so that you can decide what is important to you. Go through the below list to know which type of face mask is suitable for which type of skin.
- Sheet Masks: These face masks are very effective, hassle-free, and simple to use. You just need to put them on your face, relax and remove it after 30 minutes. They are absorbed in the skin and are very light. Suitable for: All skin
- Gel Masks: The gel masks are very lightweight and mild. They are perfect for sensitive and dehydrated skin as they get absorb in the skin very easily. These masks usually contain ingredients like cucumber, green tea, and mint which help in hydrating and calming the skin along with firming and tightening it. Suitable For: All skin types and mainly for dry and sensitive skin.
- Clay Masks: Clay masks help in smoothening and softening your skin by removing all the dust, debris present on the surface of your skin. They balance out the oil level and regulate the oil secretion of your skin surface. They also help in removing blackheads. Ingredients like lactic and citric acid present in a clay mask. Suitable for: Oily and acne-prone skin
- Hydrogel Masks: These face masks help in moisturizing your skin resulting in soft and smooth skin. They help repair fine lines, wrinkles, and other visible signs of aging. They are fit for all skin types as they reduce redness caused by inflammation. Suitable for: Dry, inflamed, and aging skin
- Cream-based masks: These masks moisturize hydrates and soften your skin thus they are fit for normal to dry skin. Look for ingredients like AHAs, BHAs, natural butter. Suitable for: Normal or dry skin
- Peel off mask: If you need an instant result then go for a peel-off mask. They remove all the dead skin cells, dust, oil, and blackheads that are settled on the topmost layer of your skin. They are generally prepared from all-natural ingredients. Suitable for: All skin type
- Vitamin C masks: The signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles become visible on your face as the production of collagen goes down. You need something that images fine lines disappear and boost your collagen production. Ingredients like Vitamin C, L-ascorbic acid, and AHAs help in resolving issues related to aging. Thus adding a Vitamin C face mask every few weeks can help in fighting against aging. Suitable for: Aging skin
- Water sleeping mask: As the name suggests these masks are generally used overnight. They help in rejuvenating, hydrating and moisturizing skin thoroughly reliving you from whole day dull, dry, flaky, and wrinkly skin. The next day when you wake you will find a soft, young-looking skin. Suitable for: Aging skin
- Thermal masks: These face masks are self-heating masks. It produces heat when open to the air, water, or both. They clean the skin very deeply, open the pores, enhance blood circulation, and extract impurities from deep inside the surface of the skin. It is perfect to use in winters. Suitable for: Mature, aging skin
- Exfoliating Mask: These masks are used to eliminate dead skin cells to unclog the pores and prevent skin from acne. Ingredients like glycolic acid, lactic acid or papaya, and pineapple fruit enzymes gently exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin. These face masks can also act as a natural brightening agent. Suitable for: All skin types except sensitive skin. For sensitive skin, use less abrasive masks.
4. Learn in which season you are going to use the face mask:
Same face mask cannot be used in both summer and winter due to the temperature differences between the seasons in India. When the temperature is down or climate is cold then a hydrating mask is needed to hydrate and moisturize your skin whereas when the temperature is high and you may have oil on your skin then you need a mask that will help you in balancing oil on your face. Though your skin type should be considered foremost while choosing a mask but sometimes skin type may change a little bit depending on the temperature or season, so consider the temperature as well while choosing a face mask.
5. Go for non-toxic and organic ingredients:
Prefer ingredients in your face mask that are non-toxic. It is good if your face mask is prepared from organic ingredients.
Also Check- Best Kajal in India
Best Face Mask in India Review
Nowadays we all suffer from problems like acne, excess oil, dead skin cells and many more what makes our skin dull and unhealthy. So here we have a simple and 100% effective solution for all your skin problems, a face mask by Plum.
Pulm green tea clear face mask gives you a happy skin in only 15 minutes. It is a vegan product enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients. It exfoliates your skin and removes all dead skin cells.
The clay present in this face mask removes the excess oil by maintaining the natural moisture of the skin. The goodness of green tea stops acne formation cycle. It helps you get an acne-free skin with the antioxidants of green tea. It helps in lightening deep pigmentation. Use it once a week. Regular use will fight acne and keep your skin renewed. It removes all of the dirt and gives you visibly smooth and soft skin.
Boys or girls, we all have faced a lot of problems with our skin and in today’s busy lifestyle we don’t have time to take care of our skin. So we need a quick solution to this problem and guess what! we have sheet masks.
The Face Shop Unisex RealNature Hydrating Masksheet is the second best face mask in India as per our research and can be considered as the good option for getting glowing skin. The best thing is these masks are that they are paraben-free. So they don’t have any harmful impact on the skin.
All we need to do is open the pouch remove the mask and place it on the face for about 20 minutes and pat the excess serum into your skin. Maybe the easiest way to keep our skin hydrated, soft, smooth and glowing.
These masks are made by the natural grinding extraction process. The sheets are made of pure cotton. It’s going to benefit your skin with extra comfort. It suits all skin types. It helps to take care of sensitive skin types.
Another good thing about these masks is, we can use different kinds of them one after another. 5 different kinds are present here which include Bamboo, Kelp, Lotus, Aloe, and Olive. They all provide us glowing skin with the goodness of nature.
Cosmopolitan people are widely suffering from freckles, age spots, vitiligo due to skin nemesis called pollution and UV rays. Lotus products are known for their natural ingredients and manufactures one of the best face mask and other skincare products in India. This Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Yogurt Skin Whitening And Brightening Masque has bearberry and yogurt as an active ingredient.
Bearberry is widely famous for its hypopigmented component which has a whitening effect on the skin. It has vitamins antibiotic and anti-aging property which makes it beneficial for people having sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Yogurt is widely known for its humectant and nourishing properties which adds an extra moisture to the skin. This results in plump and skin upliftment and decreases the size of pores and also controls acne and leaves the skin firm.
This herbal cream-based masque claims for brighter younger and radiant skin. It revitalizes the skin and especially useful for dry and flaky skin. It does skin innovation within a week. This is a kind of serum that can repair skin and gives instant glow with brightness effect within a few minutes.
If you are someone who stays away from chemicals & don’t want to expose your skin to harsh chemical-based product then this Body Shop Chinese Ginseng and Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask are for your skin type. This little glorious mask of body shop comes in a glass jar with fiber lid with light woody or earthy fragrance. Inspired by Chinese tradition, it’s a cream exfoliating mask. Packaging reads it’s free from parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil.
Its first main ingredients Chinese ginseng tones, stimulate & revitalize your skin. Second main ingredient rice extracts are very effective in moisturizing & brightening your skin. Third main ingredient sesame seed oil has Vitamin E and Vitamin B which helps to lessen damage done to the skin, and also brings a youthful, shining glow to the face.
You can see visible effect on your pores even after first application. Continuous application will make a massive difference in your face making your skin tone even, glowing & skin will appear really soft & supple. It really gives you a nice calming, cooling, and soothing effect which makes your tiring summer evenings refreshing. Rice granules will perfectly and gently exfoliate your skin, not so harsh and rough. This natural product won’t damage your skin. This 100% vegan product is a must-have for your summers.
In your busy schedule if you have no time to take care of your skin then Plum Chamomile & White Tea Glow-Getter Face Mask is your savior. It comes in a beautiful 100% recyclable glass jar packaging with extraordinary fragrance. Its texture is very smooth & very easy to apply. This Bentonite clay face mask has its main ingredients like Chamomile, White Tea leaves, Licorice roots and 5 hyper antioxidants leaf extracts that makes your face brighter from outside and clear from inside.
You may get a nice warm sensation upon application, apply it & leave to dry it naturally then do not rub by a towel, wash your face with normal water and all done. It takes out all the dirt, impurity and excess oil from pores making it glow naturally. It is very soothing to skin & will suit for normal, dry as well as combination skin. With regular application of once in a week, it will reduce tanning, blemishes, acne, and pigmentation.
It reduces wrinkles & helps in fighting the aging process. It will detox your skin making it glow from inside. Plum products are fully natural and 100% cruelty-free thus it has produced this one of the best face mask of India. Plum says no to Parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), DEA, PABA, and animal-derived ingredients. This 100% vegan product is a must-have in your face care product range.
Biotic is an Ayurvedic recipe. It is a recognized brand in India for making natural and good skin care products which include face mask, face cream, etc. This brand has introduced us with Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening And Depigmentation & Tan Removal Face Pack. It is a perfect recipe for removing tanning and reduction of pigmentation naturally. This face pack is of soft pink color & texture is very smooth with an awesome fresh fragrance.
This natural product has goodness of natural fruit juices like papaya, pineapple, lemon, and tomato. All of these are very well known for removing tanning and whitening your skin tone. It is suitable for all skin types. Its natural ingredients will not irritate your skin. With regular use, your skin gets fairer, flawless look.
Apply the face pack evenly over cleansed face and neck Leave on for 15-20 minutes to dry naturally. Rinse with water or damp washcloth. And you are ready with a lighter tone of yours. You can get visible results on the reduction of pigmentation by applying it daily at night for a week.
Mamaearth is a brand made for those people who hate the chemical-based products and loves nature and natural products. This company manufactures a wide range of amazing chemical-free product that is free from parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, dyes, synthetic fragrances, alteration, etc.
Mamaearth Charcoal, Coffee and Clay Face Mask is the seventh best face mask in India and an amazing product that removes toxins, unclog pores, even skin tone, moisturize and fight blemishes because it has papaya, mulberry, cucumber fruit extracts that have high antioxidant properties.
This facemask contains activated charcoal & kaolin clay that cures irritated skin, inflammation, pimples, acne & other skin problems. It also helps in reducing pigmentation and detoxifies the skin to give you a glowing skin. The facemask contains coffee seed extract that reduces redness and suitable for all skin types. This product is Dermatologically tested in Europe and contains natural flower extracts for fragrance. The product contains no toxic elements like parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, dyes, synthetic fragrances, etc.
Oily/Normal Skin | Paraben & Mineral Oil Free | 100 gIn the world full of chemical cosmetics that give you an instant glow but harms you after that which lead to skin irritation, acne breakouts, etc but you don’t have to worry because there is some product in the market which are free from harsh chemicals like parabens, mineral oil, etc and are natural.
mCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Face Mask is a product that is natural and soft on your skin mainly suitable for oily and normal skin as the product serves this purpose well because of its clay-based mask it removes all the excess oil from the skin which leads to developing acne and this mask also contains pure natural argan oil in it which boosts the acne prevention. This also locks moisture in the skin.
This face mask contains pure Arabica coffee which not only removes dead cells, sucks out dirt and impurities and deep cleanses the skin but also increases collagen production which reduces cellulite that gives you youthful, hydrated and glowing skin.
The facemask is packed with several skin-loving natural ingredients like pure cocoa, argan oil, caffeine, and vitamin E. Pure cocoa and caffeine fights from free radicals and sun damage as they both contain antioxidants in it which serve this purpose. Caffeine also helps in reducing puffiness and even tones the skin for a glowing look.
This face mask exfoliates dead skin cells and reduces wrinkles because it contains vitamin E in it that is very good for your skin. The facemask is FDA approved, dermatologically tested, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, and cruelty-free too which makes it a good choice to consider into the list of best face mask of India.
This mask proves to be a boon for people staying in humid areas. This mask sucks excessive oil, withdraws impurities, balances PH, and therefore prevents acne. It is 100% vegan. It has active ingredients like green tea leaves from Japan, bamboo charcoal from Himalayan foothills and tea tree oil from Kenya.
Green tea leaves are known for exfoliating skin, removing dead cells especially blackheads and whiteheads. Bamboo charcoal is for drawing out impurity and excess oil. Tea tree oil is renowned for preventing acne and unclogging pores and detoxify skin. This product has a thick consistency which dries out slowly and leaves your skin glowing and brightening. Your skin feels clean, fresh soft, and supple.
UrbanGabru has a wide range of personal care product which satisfy the need of every type of consumer from their product. UrbanGabru Charcoal Peel Off Mask comes with several ingredients that make your skin free from dirt, extra oil, blackhead, etc which gives you a glowing skin. This peel-off face mask contains charcoal which helps to remove pore-clogging dirt and extra oils and also prevents blackheads effectively.
The facewash comes with an active cooling effect that makes to feel fresh and it whitens the skin and makes skin smooth, silky, and glowing. This facewash controls the oil-water balance which cleanses and nourishes and gives your skin an energetic glow.
How to apply a face mask on a face?
- Wash your face with face wash and warm water to thoroughly cleanse it. Make sure there is no makeup, dirt or oil on your face.
- Scrub your face with warm water as it helps in opening pores of your skin. This enables your skin to absorb all the goodness of your face mask.
- Apply the face mask on your face either with the help of a paintbrush or with the fingertips. If you are applying with your fingertips then make sure your hand should be clean. The mask should be applied evenly all over the face. Don’t go too close to your eyes or mouth. Apply the face mask to your neck as well. If you want you can put a cucumber or potato slices on your eyes after applying the mask.
- Leave the mask on your face as indicated on the package of the face mask. Different face masks may have different lengths of time for which they have to be left on your face. Read the instructions properly and follow the procedure accordingly for removing the mask. If you are using a clay mask, do not wait for the clay to dry.
- After removing the mask, as per the guidelines mentioned on the package of the mask, use a cotton ball to apply toner on your face and neck. This will help in closing the skin pores and will ensure to hold that the benefits of the mask.
- Now moisturize your face with your favorite moisturizer.
Tips you should follow while using a face mask:
- lways wash your face and pat dry before applying a face mask to make sure that there is no dust, oil, or any makeup on your face.
- Unclog your skin pores by using a scrub to exfoliate. This helps the skin in absorbing all the virtues of the mask.
- Always apply moisturizer after using a mask, clean up, or going through a facial procedure.
- Go for a patch test on your hands and test it for 48 hours for any irritation, before you try it out on your face.
- Read all the instructions mentioned on the package of the face mask and follow them properly to get the best result from it and avoid any harmful reactions on your skin. Some face mask, we have to leave them overnight, some are gel-based which gets absorbed, while some other needs to get rinsed with water, so it is important to read the instructions and apply it accordingly.
- Apply the face mask only for the time duration as mentioned on the package.
How often face masks should we use?
It depends on the face mask you are using. Generally, it is mentioned on the package of the face mask but using any face mask once or twice a week is good to make your skin healthy.
Which is the best face mask for skin?
The face mask which contains all-natural ingredients and is free from harmful chemicals like sulphates and parabens are the most suitable. Generally, a water-based face mask is also good as they hydrate your skin.
What is the best time to use a face mask: morning or before sleep?
A mask can be applied whenever you get enough free time to relax in a day. But it is more effective when you apply it before sleep as this allows the mask and moisture to filter into your skin and pore for a more prolonged effect.
What is the benefit of using a potato or a cucumber while using a mask?
A potato or a cucumber helps in reducing eye puffiness as they hydrate and gives a cooling effect to your eyes.
How often should a face mask be applied?
Normally it is mentioned on the package of the face mask that how often it can be applied. If it is a homemade face mask used for soothing and moisturizing, then you can use it 2-3 times a week.
When it is required to apply toner and moisturizer while using a face mask: before or after?
Apply toner and moisturizer after using a face mask to close the skin pores and moisturize your skin. It should not be applied before applying the face mask as a mask requires a bare face to show its magic and if your face is moisturized before applying the mask then the mask will not able to cling to your skin and work as well.
Though we may be very busy with our schedule but it is important to have a complete sleep and relax your skin with these masks whenever you get time to energize your skin. If you still have the perception that they are not effective then try it yourself, you will feel the change within a few weeks. Your skin also needs care regularly to remain bright and healthy. After these basic things, our Best face mask in India list will help you at its most.